One of the big challenges we face when trying to transform our lives is that it's contrary to our nature. We're wired to operate from the status quo - our biological systems are design to sustain a certain level of normalcy, whatever the hell that is for you.
One way to break free of this and shake things up is to "look in the mirror"so to say. To take a really good look into the soul of that unique being that is you. We can do this through questions. What follows is a set of questions that may help. They're tough: you may want to have a close friend nearby to ask the questions of you (less inclined to "lie" in the presence of another).
Personally, I run through these questions every year-using them as a temperature check. Here they are:
- What am I pretending not to see?
- What are the top three challenges that I have faced that I perpetually experience? What will it take to overcome them?
- When I look in the mirror,what do I really see? What is the first emotion that comes to mind as I stare at my image?
- What were the key or significant events that define who I've become?
- What am I great at?
- What do i most enjoy doing?
- What three things am I most grateful for?
- What three things am I most fearful of?
- What is my biggest regret?
- What power(s) do I have that I am not using?
- If I were fearless, what actions would I take today?
- What am I waiting for?
As you go through these, try to record the first thing that comes to mind (might help to record your answers verbally). A few days later, go through the questions again, making note of the changes.
Get at the truth. Go for it...